Sunday, September 20, 2009

Future Think - 3, 5, 10 years

Scobleizer posted about a possible Post iPhone World. It doesn't really seem possible, but something will eventually overtake the iPhone. I like his comment about the Walkman. I love my iPhone (even though it's a 1st generation), but I can't wait for the next thing to take over.

When I read Scobleizer's post, I thought about an ideation process I've been trying to formulate for my team. I haven't totally flushed it out, but it will hopefully help us develop some longer term projects to get us ahead of the competition. Part of the excercise will be to think about what the world, technology and our industry will be like in 3, 5, and 10 years.

Can you remember what the world was like 3, 5, or 10 years ago? 10 years ago was all about dialup. I know I wasn't thinking that I'd have faster Internet on my phone within a couple of years.

I think it's important for businesses to futurethink, especially if they want to be on the leading edge. Does your business have a future think program? If so, does it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment