Monday, January 31, 2011

Are you a member of "My Starbucks Rewards" program? You should be!

I have been a member of Starbucks' "My Starbucks Rewards" program for about a year now. Every time I mention the loyalty program to people, all I get is a blank stare.

I'm a huge fan of Starbuck's loyalty program. It's simple and they reward me very well for my patronage to their stores.

The piece that still boggles my mind is that it doesn't seem like Starbucks promotes the program very well and that not too many people are part of the program. 
  • First...every time I tell someone about it they've never heard about it. 
  • Second...when was the last time you saw a sign at a register telling you about it (for me I can't remember seeing it since they removed the annual fee).
  • Third...I've never heard a Baristas ask someone if they're interested in joining.  
  • Fourth...no Barista has ever mentioned to me how many points I have or thanking me for being a part of their "My Starbucks Rewards" program.
I'm very curious to know Starbuck's strategy for their loyalty program. They have such a loyal customer base that I'm thinking they haven't had to offer or market such a program heavily. I guess it's a good thing they haven't had to.  I feel the programs like this aren't focused on highly enough during the 'Easy' times, and it's during the tough times that loyalty programs really pay off.

Is your company investing in a loyalty program? Would your company benefit from knowing who your most loyal customers are and incenting them to remain loyal?

Please leave comments with your thoughts.

P.S. Every time I tell someone about it (as I often rave about it as the best loyalty program I'm a member of), I try to get them to participate and I know that I have gotten at least a handful of people to signup.

No comments:

Post a Comment